"Equity"* for Community Theatre Actors & Staff. Finally
Scarsdale, NY 10583
You love our actors as much as we do! Please show you care by:
* Providing them with access to ample drinking water during performances and access to clean bathroom facilities
* Providing actors with a place to sit and rest during breaks. We recommend a 5-10 minute break for every 90 minutes of rehearsal. Rehearsals of 6 hours or longer should have a lunch break of at least 30 minutes.
* Making efforts to hold rehearsals between 9AM-11:00PM (anything goes during Tech Week though. Smile).
* Please make every effort to provide a full rehearsal schedule at the audition or at the first rehearsal.
* Not requiring a performance fee for mainstage productions
* Paying actors within a reasonable amount of time after the end of a run. We suggest within two weeks. Providing actors with two complimentary tickets to a production is always received as a nice gesture when a theatre is unable to pay its actors
* Ensuring the safety of our actors
* For shows being held off-site, the theatres are responsible for hiring or acquiring non-actors to move sets and costumes to the off-site location. If the assistance of actors is needed, this should be disclosed and discussed at the first rehearsal and agreed upon by the actors. Compensation or a benefit should be given to the actors.
Actors Have Duties Too !
* Please be cooperative, attentive, respectful, and punctual during rehearsals and performances.
* Please promptly return borrowed theater materials in the same condition in which you get them
* Please do not alter costumes or wigs without prior approval
* Do not disparage theatres or theatre staff publicly, especially on social media - it's just not nice :-(
* Please assist with the promotion/marketing/ticket sales for the production
* Please help our stage managers with striking sets/packing up materials. They work SO hard and can use some help.
Remember, should any disputes arise, the VTAA is available to mediate
Scarsdale, NY 10583